Ophelia Design is pleased to announce the launch of Tappahannock-Essex Volunteer Fire Department's new site - http://tevfd.org. We have been working with the department for several years, producing several unique solutions to meet their growing technological demands.
The latest site is powered by Laravel 4 and includes the following technologies -
- Twilio voice and SMS integration - "Blast" SMS messages (entire department, specific groups, or individuals), phone tree and voice based informational services, and realtime Dispatch Alert notifications,
- RackSpace CDN - Efficient storage and delivery of photos and other media,
- Iron.io - "Push queues" to handle the heavy lifting of time consuming background processes, providing a smoother and more responsive user experience,
- Twitter Bootstrap - Responsive web design, providing a unique viewing experience for desktops, tablets, phones, and other portable devices,
- Facebook - Automatic posts of news stories and photos to the department Facebook page, Facebook Comments and "Like" button integration.
This new site allows the department to keep in touch with their community and also provides valuable recruitment and retention resources. We are very honored to have the opportunity to work with the department and thank them for their service to the community.